1. The U.S. government is in violation of the U.S. Constitution.
2. Many U.S. citizens want Congress to do its job, debate war powers and vote no to this illegal war.
3. If Congress voted Yes they would
be violating the UN Charter and the Kellogg-Briand Pact.*
4. It is immoral to wait months
while innocent people are being killed, laws broken, and hundreds of
thousands of people displaced.
5. There are alternatives: pursue a
ceasefire and negotiations, an arms embargo, work through the United
Nations and the Arab League and provide humanitarian aid.
6. America should not let terrorists make us violate our own laws.
After signing the petition, please forward this message to your friends. You can also share it from the webpage after taking the action yourself.
-- The RootsAction.org Team
P.S. RootsAction is an independent
online force endorsed by Jim Hightower, Barbara Ehrenreich, Cornel West,
Daniel Ellsberg, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi Klein, Bill Fletcher Jr., Laura
Flanders, former U.S. Senator James Abourezk, Coleen Rowley, Frances
Fox Piven, and many others.
P.P.S. This work is only possible with your financial support. Please donate.
* The UN Charter bans war unless defensive or UN-authorized. The Kellogg-Briand Pact bans all war.